Monday, May 14, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #072

Over at http://justritestampers.typepad.com/ they had asked everyone to include a 3D gift items or home decor items.
I had so much fun with this one! I was so inspired seeing all of the DT projects this week!
I chose to decorate a tissue box! I thought, "why not"! :) With allergy season upon us, I am sure this would make a lovely, and very practical gift for someone!


I had learned a pretty cool way to use tulle when I was surfing Youtube! I made a flower with it by cutting out layers of scalloped patterns! I cut at every corner of the scallop to make the shape of the flower! Then for each petal, you place the end over the flame of a candle very quickly and it actually will make the ends curl! It is so neat looking! It is really hard to see it, but it is under the flower in the front! It looks like fancy lace surrounding the flower! I just love the look of it! :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed making it! Hugs!

JustRite- Plant A Little Love Set
JustRite Cling- Harlequin Script Background Stamp
JustRite Original- Grandma's Doilies Set
The Paper Studio- Intricate Swirl, (embossing folder)
Spellbinders- Holly Motif
Cheery Lynn- miniature rose
MS- Branch Punch

I used a flower punch, but I don't know the name of it! :( I also used white heat embossing powder on the JR doily stamp in the front!

Tulle, Stick Pin, Ribbon, Lace, Feathers, Pearls and Lace, and Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue Ink Pad!

 I am entering this at: JustRite Challenge
http://justritestampers.typepad.com/

10 comments:

  1. Very clever flower technique...LOVE IT! Such a beautiful tissue box that you definitely wouldn't mind sitting out for everyone to see! Thanks for taking time to join us at JustRite Inspiration this week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, this is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and all those lace and pearls! You better win with this project! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really gorgeous box. Love the lace and trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, Love the tissue box it looks stunning. Quite right anyone would like to have this on display.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Sandy, this is GORGEOUS!!! Love that flower technique and the awesome lace -- beauty in every sweet detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful. Did you take the box apart to cut the circle in the top? Can it be refilled by carefully opening the bottom to insert more tissues? ldicrafts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful box! Love all the pretty details- embossing, lace, flowers, pearls. Great job!
    Congrats on your win!
    Hugs,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy, this win is so deserving! What a beautiful, detailed project! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete